Reporting to the Registrar- Academic Affairs, the Examinations Officer is charged with coordinating the activities of the examinations office and ensuring students’ online access to grades.
1. To coordinate preparation of examination papers for all modules involving assessment by written papers.
2. To liaise with the Deans of Faculty and lecturers on the dates, times and places of the relevant coordination meetings.
3. Managing the daily running of the examination office. This includes ensuring that all required materials are in the examination rooms for the start of the examinations and arrangements for candidates with special educational needs are in place.
4. Organizing exam materials, providing safe custody of and organizing examination stationery and materials, including question papers, in accordance with regulations.
5. Providing a central timetable to include dates, times, venues and number of candidates.
6. Ensuring the students records system is compliant with relevant legislation and regulations
7. Enabling appropriate access to online student information systems
8. Responding to internal and/or external student information enquiries
Academic/ Professional Qualifications
1. Have a first Degree from a recognized University
2. Excellent knowledge of computers and experience in database record keeping and management
3. Knowledge of standard office equipment and procedures
4. Previous experience in an academic institution is desirable
The successful candidate should have a track record of working .
• Honesty and integrity
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
The application should include a letter expressing interest, updated CV with contacts of three referees and copies of academic and professional certificates. Please indicate current and expected remuneration, and how soon you would be available to take up the position. Send applications to email@example.com Application Deadline is 17th October 2017.