The Person will be responsible for Set up, operation and maintenance of equipment in the University Studio.
• Setting up, testing and operating equipment to suit the acoustics of a location,
• Servicing, maintaining and repairing electronic equipment including cables, microphones, amplifiers and sound equipment,
• Maintaining studio inventory,
• Assisting in supervision of students’ practical sessions,
• Selecting, placing and adjusting microphones during events,
• Recording and balancing speech for radio/ audio plays or discussions,
• Monitoring the sound quality, levels and tone for broadcasts,
• Recording film soundtracks,
• Managing the borrowing of equipment by students and ensuring that they are in good working condition when returned,
• Manning the reception desk at the studio.
• Must at least have either of the following academic qualifications;
Diploma in Media/Communications/ Sound engineering or Telecommunications engineering
• The person should have at least two-years working experience in a studio.
• The person should be proficient in Apple Computers:
1. MacOS Mojave
2. Final Cut Pro X
3. Logic Pro X
4. Adobe Audition
5. Adobe Premier
Interested candidates who meet or exceed the above expectations are invited to apply for the above position by sending their CV, 3 referees’ contacts and cover letter indicating the expected gross salary, addressed to the Deputy Vice Chancellor by 5th February, 2019. Applications should be forwarded to the Email; firstname.lastname@example.org. The Email title should indicate; Studio Technician Job Application.