Job Title :SENIOR LECTURER
Job Category : ACADEMIC
Work Type : FULL TIME/REGULAR
Reports to : DEAN OF SCHOOL OR PROGRAM LEADER
To provide strategic leadership in the department and deliver lectures to student whilst monitoring their progress.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership in the development of appropriate syllabuses, resources, marking policies, assessment and learning strategies in the School / Department
- Under the guidance of the Dean/ Program Leader participate in the development of curricular for degree, diploma and short courses
- Deliver lectures and monitor student progress during training, provide support and advice to enable the students excel in their studies
- Act as a subject area expert and participate in providing advice and support for new projects within the department
- Assist in the formulation and/ or review of the School’s/ Department’s strategic plan
- Work closely with the Admission and Marketing unit in recruitment and admission of new students
- Maintain updated records for all students under their supervision
- Promote scholarships through publications, lectures, research, consultancy and seminars to get something thorough on scholarship
- Manage the relationships with key stakeholders both internally and externally and maintain appropriate communication with them.
- Perform any other duty that may be allocated by the Dean/ Program Leader or the University management.
Academic / Professional Qualifications & Work Experience
- Have an earned PhD in their field of study from a recognized University
- Should be able to meet the requirements for the position as per the Harmonized Criteria and Guidelines for Appointment and Promotion of Academic Staff in Universities in Kenya which can be found on the Commission for University Education’s website at http://www.cue.or.ke/downloads/category/6-standards-and-guidelines#
- Ability to teach in any of the key areas
- A confident individual with proven ability to develop and manage public and private sector linkages and partnerships.
- Solid consultancy experience and proven track record of securing grant funding.
- Expert knowledge in their field as well as relevant experience and the ability to teach, using a variety of student learning approaches, on a range of academic and professional programmes.
- Ability to plan and organize public lectures, workshops, and conferences.
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Action oriented person with excellent writing skills as well as a proven track record of effective administration and research experience.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Qualified candidates should send a copy of their CV including current and expected remuneration and contact details of 3 referees to email@example.com.