The Riara University Law School is inspired and motivated by the Riara philosophy of quality education to bridge higher education and the dynamism of the labour market. It is influenced by the legacy of the founders, Riara’s curriculum and has been expertly crafted to nurture a problem-solving lawyer who is aware of the social, economic and political context within which the law exists and one who understands and crafts solutions for Africa and beyond.
The school intends to recruit a lecturer who will contribute to achievement of its objectives.
RE-ADVERTISEMENT – RIARA LAW SCHOOL LECTURER
The person will be key in delivery and development of cutting edge learning, curriculum development, learning assessment, funds and grants mobilization in the School.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provision of leadership in the development of appropriate syllabuses, resources, marking policies, assessment and learning strategies in the School,
• Under the guidance of the Dean/ Program Leader participation in the development of curriculum for degree, diploma and short courses,
• Delivering lectures and monitoring student progress during training, supporting and advising them to enable learning,
• Act as a subject area expert and participate in providing advice and support for new projects within the department,
• Assist in the formulation and/ or review of the School’s strategic plan,
• Work closely with the Admission and Marketing unit in recruitment and admission of new students,
• Maintain updated records for all students under their supervision,
• Promote scholarships through publications, lectures, research, consultancy and seminars,
• Managing relationships with key internal and external stakeholders through appropriate means and communication.
• Perform any other duty that may be allocated by the Dean/ Program Leader or the University Management.
Academic and Professional Credentials
• A PhD in their field of study from a recognized University
• Should be able to meet the requirements for the position as per the Harmonized Criteria and Guidelines for Appointment and Promotion of Academic Staff in Universities in Kenya which can be found on the Commission for University Education’s website at http://www.cue.or.ke/downloads/category/6-standards-and-guidelines#
Job Experience and other Competencies
• Lecturing experience in a recognized higher institution
• Expressed competence in developing public and private sector linkages and partnerships.
• Solid consultancy experience and proven track record of securing grant funding.
• A team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Action oriented person with excellent writing skills as well as a proven track record of effective administration and research experience.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send a copy of their CV including current and expected remuneration and contact details of 3 referees to email@example.com by 31st July, 2018.
NB: This is a re-advertisement; those who already applied need not re-apply.