Riara University is an Institution of Higher Learning offering holistic education so as to realize full potential of its clients and nurture innovators. The University has an opportunity for a talented individual to work with the Information and Communication Technology Department.
The person will be mainly responsible for the following functions;
Website management; upgrading the existing website and/or building a new website
Application Development; developing the required Mobile and other Apps for Online Campus and an RU information platform
Knowledge of MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB; Developing business intelligent reports and analytics from the University systems to give a better understanding of the running data and improve decision-making
API Integration; Building BOTS that can interact with systems, users and integrate them into the website and mobile application to support recruitment and ongoing learners
Corporate IT security; Maintaining application security, event investigations and compliance enforcement, providing monitoring and primary response and intervention for information technology related security incidents and violations
Monitoring and managing system resources, including CPU usage, disk usage, and response times to maintain operating efficiency,
Keeping check on the latest hardware driver updates and accordingly download and deploy the updates across the company and performing regular backups
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Information Technology, Computer Science or Information systems.
- Relevant professional certification
Experience & Key Competencies desired
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in information management with a strong working knowledge in Structured Query Language (SQL), PHP, Python and basic knowledge of R,
- Experience in relational databases such as Microsoft SQL Server and other databases,
- Experience with creating automated reports and dashboard using MS Power BI, Tableau, Access, SSRS or any other similar analytics toolsets,
- Experience in administration of Windows systems and computer networks at corporate level,
- Experience in administration of database servers and therefore familiarity with MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB,
- Sound knowledge of open data standards and data sharing systems using JSON objects, API interfaces, etc,
- Proven Mobile and Web know-how (HTML, CSS, JS, etc),
- Knowledge on Software design (Client – Server Architecture, API, etc),
- Strong analytical skills, excellent attention to detail, strong interpersonal skills as well as written and verbal communication skills,
- Ability to use UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Carry out additional tasks as required by the head of department
Interested and qualified candidates can apply for the above position by sending their CV, 3 referees’ contacts and cover letter indicating the expected gross salary, addressed to the Deputy Vice Chancellor by 8th October, 2021.
Applications should be forwarded to the Email; firstname.lastname@example.org with the E Mail heading: ICT Assistant I.