RIARA UNIVERSITY – HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER
The Riara University was born out of a sincere desire to provide a holistic approach in higher education. It is a logical continuation of our commitment, dating back to 1974, to ensure education and development of the whole child, learner and person. Ours is a concept that goes beyond the classroom, syllabus-based learning, and reaches out to provide stimulation and motivation for self-development and capacity for life-long education. Our mission is to provide a holistic education to enable each student to realize their full potential and to develop social and moral values which will underpin their actions through life. We are looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of a Human Resource Officer.
Reporting to the DVC and Group Human Resource Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for implementing human resource strategies and policies that will promote and foster a work place environment consistent with the institutions values, mission, business plans and objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties and responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
1. Coordinate the design, development and implementation of the institutions HR policies and procedures, in line with RU’s objectives.
2. Assist in the cost effective recruitment of faculty and administration staff.
3. Coordinate the induction/orientation of new staff in addition to planning training and development programs for all staff.
4. Manage records for staff on probation and follow through on their confirmation or any other required action upon completion of probation.
5. Interact with benefit providers (medical, pension etc.) regarding enrollment and changes in employee status while maintaining internal staff records on the same.
6. Prepare payroll documentation including entering new staff into the payroll system, processing adjunct salaries, and computing staff final dues.
7. Oversee the performance management process including dissemination of annual appraisals, following up with the various Deans and Department Heads, analyze the feedback, assist in conducting institution-wide training needs assessment and identify skills gaps from analysis of performance appraisals.
8. Support the development of a performance culture through elaborate policies, processes and procedures to achieve the University strategy.
9. Track and update leave records ensuring they are always accurate and well updated.
10. Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing employment and statutory regulations as guided by Labour Laws; Employment Act, Labour Relations Act, Labour Institutions Act, OSHA, WIBA, NSSF, NHIF etc.
11. Coordinate the separation management process ensuring that proper clearance and exiting procedures are undertaken, including the necessary internal communications.
12. Prepare and submit timely and accurate weekly reports to the Group Human Resource Manager.
13. Any other responsibilities that may be assigned to you.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
1. Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in HR Management or a related business degree.
2. A Higher National Diploma in HR Management.
3. Member of a relevant professional body.
4. Previous experience in an institution of higher learning is desirable.
5. Minimum three (3) years relevant experience in a high performing enterprise.
6. A team player with the ability to establish understanding and rapport with colleagues across the institution.
7. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Qualified candidates should send a copy of their CV including current and expected remuneration and contact details of 3 referees to email@example.com by close of business Monday 12th March 2018.