Further to the Presidential Directives issued under Executive Order No. 2 of 2021 last Friday 26th March 2021, and whereas the University was all set for completion of this semester, I write to guide as follows:
- All pending classes for the January-April 2021 semester will be completed entirely online.
- Examinations for the January-April 2021 semester will also be conducted online. Respective Deans may issue you with further guidelines on this for specific courses.
- All assignments, projects, and indeed the final examinations must be undertaken through the Canvas Learning Management System (Online Campus). You are not allowed to email assignments or examination responses to lecturers under any circumstances. If you experience any difficulties with Online Campus, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org immediately or the Administrative Assistant in your School.
- Ensure to meet financial obligations as previously committed to avoid disruptions during the examination period.
- The library will remain open but strictly for returning or borrowing of books but not for study. For students needing to use the labs or the studio for completion of pending assignments, please liaise directly with the Admin Assistant in your School to book a slot.
- Your respective Dean may issue additional guidelines specific to your School.
- For ease of reference, here are the contacts of the Administrative Assistants for the various Schools with who you are requested to liaise in case of any difficulties.
Wishing you the very best in your upcoming examinations.
Please stay safe and ensure to observe all health protocols and guidelines issued by the Ministry of Health and the University.
Prof. Robert Gateru, PhD