Work Type: PERMANENT
Reports to: UNIVERSITY LIBRARIAN
Workstation : RIARA UNIVERSITY (RU)
The Deputy University Librarian in consultation with the University Librarian shall be responsible for the development of Library policies and management of Library services.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working with the University Librarian; the person is responsible for developing library policies and systems affecting all aspects of library services including budget preparation.
- Planning and implementing library programs.
- Responsible for user and technical services, and library staff.
- Developing and implementing Information Literacy Programs in consultation with the faculty and University administration.
- Provision of reference and research assistance in the library.
- Working with faculty, students and staff in collection development and coordinate the evaluation, selection and purchase of information resources required for the various schools in the University.
- Marketing and promoting use of library services and resources.
- Assist the University Librarian in recruitment, evaluation, coaching and mentoring of staff, and interns in the library.
- Developing and carrying customer satisfaction surveys.
- Deputize the University Librarian and perform any other duties as assigned by the University Librarian.
Academic / Professional Qualifications & Work Experience
- Msc. in Library and Information Studies with over 5 years relevant experience.
- PhD in Library and Information Studies would be an added advantage.
- Extensive knowledge in Library Management, automation and E-Library services.
- Ability to multi task and meet deadlines.
- Excellent leadership and organizations skills.
- Knowledge of the KOHA system is essential.
- Evidence in research and publication, and other professional activities.