The following is a list of the various short courses that are offered at the university which run for a maximum of one week:
|Interested candidates should forward their applications with updated CVs, names and telephone contacts of three professional referees with copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials to email@example.com. Applications should be received by close of day Friday, March 21st 2014.|
|Job Title :||Lecturer/Senior Lecturer|
|Work Type:||Full Time/Regular|
|Reports To:||Dean Of School|
|Position Function:||To provide strategic leadership in the department and deliver lectures to student whilst monitoring their progress.|
|Duties & Responsibilities:||1. Provide leadership in the development of appropriate syllabuses, resources, marking policies, assessment and learning strategies in the relevant School
2. Develop curricula for degree, diploma and short courses.
3. Deliver lectures and monitor student progress during training, provide support and advice to enable the students excel in their studies.
4. Act as a subject area expert and participate in providing advice and support for new projects within the department.
5. Assist in the formulation of the Departmental budget
6. Work closely with the Admission and Marketing unit in recruitment and admission of new students
7. Maintain updated records for all students under their supervision
8. Promote scholarship through publications, lectures, research, consultancy and seminars
9. Manage the relationship with all key stakeholders both internally and externally and maintain appropriate communication with them.
10. Perform any other duty that may be allocated by the supervisor or the University management.
|Academic / Professional Qualifications & Work Experience:||1. A confident individual with proven ability to develop and manage public and private sector linkages and partnerships.
2. Solid consultancy experience and proven track record of securing grant funding.
3. Ability to teach in any of the following areas: International Relations. Diplomacy, Conflict Analysis and Management, International Political Economy.
4. Expert knowledge in their field as well as relevant experience and the ability to teach, using a variety of student learning approaches, on a range of academic and professional programmes.
5. Ability to plan and organize public lectures, workshops, and conferences.
6. A team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
7. Action oriented person with excellent writing skills as well as a proven track record of effective administration and research experience.
8. Ability to work with minimal supervision.
9. Whilst a Master’s Degree is necessary for the Lectureship position, a PhD as well as supervision of Master’s theses are necessary for Senior Lectureship.