|Interested candidates should forward their applications with updated CVs, names and telephone contacts of three professional referees with copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should be received by close of day Friday, March 21st 2014.|
|Job Title:||Dean of Students|
|Reports to:||Vice Chancellor|
|Principle Role:||Under the direction of the Vice Chancellor, this position will be responsible for maintaining a supportive environment and culture that synthesizes the development of our students in holistic way. The overall purpose is to plan and direct University activities related to student service and campus life.|
|Duties and Resposibilities:||• Provides leadership in and is responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of policies and regulations pertaining to students and student life
• Develops and coordinates policies and procedures relative to all student activities
• Oversees annual revision and production of Student Handbook and other documents
• Reviews reports of student misconduct cases that require disciplinary action to ensure recommendations conform to University laid down procedures, practices and policies
• Provides leadership for the development of co-curricular programs and services designed to advance student affairs, student activities, students’ rights, responsibilities and conduct, and disability services.
• Advises the Senate and Management on matters relating to policy, program, and administration of student affairs
• Develops extracurricular social and recreational programming ensuring integration with the academic life of the institution and encouraging student personal growth and development.
• Oversees Student Union constitution, advises student union activities and clubs policies, honour code, sponsors and, directs appropriations of student services union
• Liaises with the different Schools as regards student work study office in collaboration with the financial aid office in cases where it exists,
• Manages the student affairs budget, reviews it, makes internal reallocations and requests for funding, and constructs the annual budget for student affairs and Dean’s office
• Participates as the Returning Officer in Student Union elections, thereby supervises the student union constitution in consultation with senior administrators
• Assists in coordinating non academic admissions related issues: foreign student services, health services, security arrangements for on and off campus students, financial aid, off campus student housing, and student transport
• Provide advocacy and support by serving as the primary point of contact for students with complaints or issues, academic advising, and providing referrals to resources as appropriate
• Coordinates communication updates and general information flow between student fraternity and the administration.
• Assists in the coordination of community services and linkages with external stakeholders including alumni association
|Qualification:||a) Masters degree in Business Administration/Counseling/ Psychology/Communications or equivalent.
b) Minimum 5 years experience in administration position in an Institution of Higher Learning/ Corporate World.
c) Excellent communication and demonstrated decision making skills.
d) Must be computer literate and proficient in standard office software applications
e) Must demonstrate proven work ethics that meet deadlines, leadership skills, good interpersonal skills and a team player.